TechChill Pitch Battle jury has selected 10 startup teams who will take part at the Pitch Academy before the upcoming TechChill conference, get mentoring and compete for the opportunity to pitch on the main stage and win the top prizes. The battle, which started out as a competition of a few local startup teams 6 years ago, now received 60 applications from 17 countries including Russia, United States, Indonesia, Germany, Cameroon, Denmark and more.
On February 9th finalists will participate in mentoring sessions at Pitch Academy organized by region’s leading accelerators – Startup Wise Guys and Startup Sauna – bringing their top mentors to Riga. The 5 best teams as selected by the jury on Day 1 will present at the Pitch Battle during TechChill conference at the close of the conference on February 10, in front of 1000 participants, including industry leaders, international media, investors and potential customers.
The 10 winning teams are:
- CEnOS _ platform (Latvia), integration platform for engineering software
- WhatTheBus (Estonia), a smart marketplace for bus rentals
- WiDE – We Improve Device Experience (Latvia), mass customization software for making 3D printable prosthesis and orthosis
- VIVIDLY (Latvia), bringing VR to architects in easy, accessible way
- AppFollow (Finland), real-time reviews & updates monitor for App Store & Google Play
- bNesis (United States), allows to rapidly integrate any app with multiple cloud services
- 3D Creationist (3DC) (Estonia), the easiest 3D modeling app for mobile devices
- Finch.io (Latvia), making web designers twice as effective
- SprayPrinter (Estonia), smart spray technology
- Tebo (Estonia), teachers’ network for sharing.
At the Pitch Academy startups will receive advice and mentorship from: Max Gurvits, hustler and investor, currently director for CEE, CIS, and MENA at Cross Border Angels, Felipe Millan, Developer Evangelist and Technical Advisor at SendGrid, Merlin Salvik, practicing lawyer for more than 10 years and partner at Hedman Partners Law Office, Tapio Siik, business mentor and angel investor, Chris Kobylecki, CMO at Innovation Nest, fund that invest in early to Series A stage B2B technology companies with global focus, Juha Ruohonen from Superhero Capital, Torsti Tenhunen from Pivot5, Mike Bradshaw, a legendary pitch coach as well as the new Head Coach of Startup Sauna, Cristobal Alonso, CEO and enegry master of Startup Wise Guys, as well as Juan Alonso-Villalobos, expert in financial services.
At the end of Pitch Academy professional jury will decide on the five best teams to get on the main stage next day during TechChill Pitch Battle. All finalists will get access to benefits from Accelerate Program from SendGrid.
TechChill Pitch Battle participants on February 10 will compete for the following prizes:
- a fully paid trip to Silicon Valley, with a full agenda and meetings with selected investors and free stay at Startup Embassy, the oldest entrepreneurial residence located in Palo Alto;
- 3 tickets for this year’s edition of SLUSH;
- a “fast track” to semi-finals of next Startup Wise Guys program (Tallinn, spring 2017);
- a “fast track” to semi-finals of next Startup Sauna program (Helsinki, spring 2017);
- a “fast track” to semi-finals of next Axel Springer Plug and Play accelerator program (Berlin, spring 2017).